Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Nostalgia

Last night, as I was washing my hair, I began to think about all the little things that I missed about home and random memories.

Driving the two and a half hour trip from Columbus to Hattiesburg. Driving the four hour trip home to Gulfport. Driving my standard silver Mustang. Heck, I just miss driving. Singing in the car to mixed CDs. Being a waitress. Sonic trips for Cranberry or Watermelon slushes. Watching and listening to Brook and/or Peppy after long rehearsals. Long late night phone calls on the couch in Jones Hall. Running to jump on my bed in the dorm room I shared with Calli. Late night Wal-Mart trips to get a DiGiorno cheese pizza and Pepsi. Late night drives around Hattiesburg to scope out houses. Playing the flute. Sharing an Eel box with my great ex co-worker. Driving past WCBI to get to my apartment. The red lights on Main St. Walgreens. Carrier Lodge. Waiting in the drive-through line at Wendy's. Edy's grape popsicles. Leaving Victoria's Secret with the pretty pink paper bag (yeah, so what). Wall's. Waking up on a staircase to find a cleaning lady looking down at me. Rush parties. Pledging. Profitt's Porch. Snow Cones. Going to Blockbuster with Rachel to pick out a new movie for her collection. Getting grapes thrown at me in Callaway. Painting on canvas. Shaving cream fights and playing in the fountains on campus. The friendly bald guy at the front gate. Working in McDevitt. Working in the Spectator office. Band practice with the girls. Grilling out. Eating dill pickle slices. Hot dogs in the face. Rides on the band bus to and from football games. Flowers. Eating breakfast burritos and sausage biscuit combos with him. Baking. That smell that I can't explain from the apartment. 3rd floor Callaway right wing, my Freshman year. Having Laura Hughes as my roommate. Getting late night phone calls to look out my window for a surprise visit. Getting my car stuck on the curb at Sonic in Hattiesburg. Wearing overalls. Mi Toro's shrimp quesadillas. Seeing the snow come down outside at work at Lowe's. Getting locked out of the dorms during Thanksgiving. Holiday Inn. Birmingham. Listening to Landed. Trying to skip rocks. Smelling Auntie Anne's Pretzels after work at Edgewater Mall. Little hugs from Cat and Zack. Playing scrabble. Theatre....

And more.

No comments: