Thursday, April 24, 2008

Dig down deep.

Unbelievable. I am almost finish with my third month of teaching. Unfortunately, I've been getting into a routine and need to put a stop to it. My weekends need to be filled with new exciting adventures with plenty of pictures to upload... ^_^ (Asian smiley face)

A big event has happened within the two and a half months that I've been here... I have located my biological mother.

Intense, isn't it? My thoughts and feelings are mixed at the moment and have been since I first found out about the possibility of meeting her. It has been about a month that I have known...but I have not written a letter to her.

My biological mother is married and has two other children ( a boy and a girl, both younger than me). Her husband knows about me so there isn't any hesitation that she wants to meet me (at least that is what the social worker at SWS said). She doesn't speak English so a translator will be necessary for the initial meeting. I don't know when I will see her face-to-face, but the first step is to write a letter to her with a photo or two of myself. It's strange to think that within any amount of time I could be staring at the person who gave birth to me 21 years ago. A person, whom I should have memories of, but don't.

What questions do I ask? What do I say to this stranger? It's a lot to think about.

I haven't really had a lot of time to stop and consider what I want to say to her. Work keeps me busy. I have two jobs now. I'm working full-time at Espirit and then part-time at Pagoda, teaching a business conversation class early in the morning (EARLY!!!!)

I get two three day weekends in the month of May, a much needed break. Although, I have no clue what I want to do during that time, but I am pretty sure I will be able to find something to get myself into.

This past weekend, I went on a hike up this semi-mountain...AKA a really big hill with some rocks and grave sites. It was refreshing and enjoyable although the grave sites were a little strange.

Weekend before that, I went to Club Volum in Itaewon and had a 'lovely' time. There was some kind of strange "lady boy" show...and dancing....and lots of light....and alcohol.

I love spring.

No comments: